Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation of America currently has an opening for an Intern – Computer Vision / Machine Learning in our U.S. Research Center located in San Jose, CA.
As a part of Sony Corporation of America engineering team you can ensure that what we produce is just as extraordinary as the ideas that inspire us. While we run on fearless creativity and innovation, our engineers make certain that everything we do is of the highest quality. Every day, they work with advanced technologies, including some that most people never even thought possible. Some may call it magic; we call it a commitment to innovation, quality, and style and design.
As an Intern in Sony's US Research Center in San Jose, CA, you will be responsible for development of advanced imaging technologies to enhance functionality and features for Sony digital imaging products. You will utilize extensive mathematical analysis and knowledge in computer vision to explore advanced technologies in the areas of image and video understanding.
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD or Master program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Strong understanding of Computer Vision, and Machine Learning is required
- Good mathematical modeling and probabilistic analysis background is essential
- Previous research work in related areas such as computer vision, signal processing, and Machine learning is preferred
- Familiarity with machine learning and pattern recognition is a plus
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Python and MATLAB are required, knowledge of machine learning libraries such as Caffe, TensorFlow, PyTorch is essential
- Candidate must have strong communication and presentation skills
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.